The inaugural Irish Climate Summit recently took place online. The 2021 summit sponsored by EY Ireland brought together key stakeholders to examine the latest ambitions, challenges and opportunities of Ireland’s response to the climate crisis.
A range of expert speakers, local and visiting looked at issues including:
- Implications of an Irish Climate Act
- European climate policy outlook
- Impact of climate action on the business sector
- Role of local government in Ireland’s climate agenda
- The economics of climate action
- Climate leaders’ debate: energy; agriculture; and transport
Keynote speakers included, Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal at the European Commission, Frans Timmermans and the first female President of Ireland; former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights; Adjunct Professor for Climate Justice, Trinity College Dublin and Chair of The Elders, Mary Robinson.